Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

I run mine at 120 ipm with no issues

1 Like

I have found that the actual Feed Rate you specify for the detail pass is never actually achieved since the X/Y motion must wait on the Z axis to position as the spindle moves. So if you specify a Feed of 120 ipm I would not be surprised if the spindle was only really moving at 60 ipm.

Using Mach3 you can see the actual feedrate and it is always lower than the specified feedrate if the Z has lots of motion.

1 Like

That’s the case with whatever you set your feedrate.
Try adjusting your plunge rate.

1 Like

What do you mean save them all in one file?

Ok. but how is this done. I have only seen a save not combine.

Oh. I didn’t know this.
Thanks for the tip. :smiley:

I never thought of this. great tip.

Single model…here is a comparison chart:

http://www.vectric.com/products/compare.html

1 Like

Or friends who have applications like maya. :wink:

1 Like

Do you mean they were displayed as 3D before he simulated the cut?

1 Like

Can you get that link so I can see what your talking about?

Are you referring to the blocks that make up the frame? If so, those are 3d clipart objects. The background “block” is also made from the same 3d clipart object.

He drew rectangles to act as a boundary then overlayed 3d after. Robert is right.

1 Like

Nice.
:slight_smile:

The scale factor allows you to correct for the acceleration and deceleration of your machine. For example if you were cutting at 100 ipm in a straight line for 100 inches it would take almost exactly 1 minute, but if you are carving a 100 inch toolpath for a gear with lots of direction changes it will take 2 or 3 minutes.

So if Vcarve estimates it will take 5 minutes and the actual time was 10 minutes then you need to set the scale factor to 2.0 to account for accelerations. You also need to be sure your rapid movement rate is set correctly in the time estimate.

1 Like

They have and take suggestions on future projects on the website. Perhaps you can throw that request out. I can see where it would seem to be very useful.

1 Like

What font would you want?

Something raised, like this? Create the text in any program that you are familiar with and save as an STL file…then import into v-carve.

2 Likes

If you have the Pro edition you can do more than one.
I use a 3d program to combine stl files so they are one.
I have desktop version of V-carve.

1 Like

V-Carve pro is also limited to 1 stl file.

http://www.vectric.com/products/compare.html

1 Like