Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

From Wikipedia:

2 Likes

Turned out real good. great detail

1 Like

That should be a fun one

1 Like

That came out great

1 Like

very cool. You should do the steelwool and vinegar trick so it looks like stone then paint the letters

makes it a gray finish. I think it will make the stone part really pop

1 Like

I’m not sure what it is about this sign but it looks amazing! Really well done! Stuff like this makes me even more excited to get vcarve!

2 Likes

I saw an episode of Fixer upper where they took a torch and glazed the wood siding to protect it from the weather, it looked really cool, maybe torch the back ground? It would really make the letters jump off the board.

Looks good.

Keep the jar with the wool in it. it will dissolve completely in a month or 2.

Awesome!

1 Like

I haven’t post a lot of comments here, but I have read and learned so much. Phil, you do awesome work and can only hope I get to the point where you are. A few weeks ago I tried the vinegar, steel wool and used coffee grounds stain on a project I did for my nephew… Worked pretty well. This is multiple coats and pretty dark brown. It would of been a brown grayish color with less coats but I was just experimenting.
Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Just when we thought the sign couldn’t get any cooler!

1 Like

Those are some mad skills if you are able to remember where you put everything! I go mad when I dont put a tool back in its place. I also have some sort of mamal that lives in my shop as I have gone through countless amounts of pencils

1 Like

The rest of your tape measures will be in the last place you look for each of them…

1 Like

Phil is the easiest person to buy for at Christmas… Just get him a reel of LEDs and he is happy

2 Likes

You da man, Phil!!!

1 Like

Phil wi be on that TLC show “strange addictions”. My name is Phil and I’m addicted to blue locttite.

1 Like

… well I do have an addictive personality

2 Likes

Both of those came out great Phil!

1 Like

Very NICE!

1 Like