Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

some of the holes in the center look very close together, that might cause you problems, what wood are you planning to use?

I had a play with the hole layout for the shape you have and came up with this for the holes, my OCD was driving me crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When you do an array in autocad is there an option to evenly space the holes? I haven’t used autocad, I used aspire’s ‘Copy object along vector’ function which evenly spaces them.

Don’t get me wrong, I think your design is great, it just stuck out to me the difference in spacing, that’s all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I learnt the technique here:

agreed, slight improvement

OK, now it’s time for a Stargate themed board …

1 Like

Bizaro Superman plays Old Maid

Impressive!!! Now if I just knew someone that plays cribbage. Pretty well known in my rural area.

1 Like

Looks amazing, extremely impressed!

1 Like

Which bit and settings for the holes, the last holes I tried burnt the wood so i’m obviously doing something wrong. (But it smelt amazing!)

2 Likes

Wow. Looks very authentic. Killer job as always

1 Like

I have never played cribbage but I still have a desire to make a board after seeing yours.

1 Like

Phil … dang, just dang. Great job!!

1 Like

That looks terrific Phil.

1 Like

You like shiny glaze, aren’t you?
Great job as always Phil.

1 Like

Crazy how realistic that looks! I don’t think anyone would ever tell the difference of that being a real live edge or not.

1 Like

I bought vcarve a week ago, and still haven’t had the chance to play with it :frowning:

The new one definitely looks better, and more like the hat if I remember correctly

2 Likes

Phil, are all these 3D rendering you so done on VCarve Desktop?

looks awesome

1 Like