Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

Where did u get that fancy moon texture :smirk:

looking good so far. so when you are tilingā€¦ do you have like an inch of overlap or does it pick up at that center line?

I would think it would have overlap but that is why I ask

wow. quite amazing. I really thought it would be more than that.

1 Like

You sir are amazing.

1 Like

Excellent work! So it looks like youā€™re a tile master now too. Iā€™m curious about your method of work. It looks like you do a milling pass first and then cut your letters? Do you re-zero your Z axis after the milling or just set your start depth to the new surface? And I assume you use a large cutter for the milling pass on a project this large?

1 Like

What the diameter on your v bit? Inch, inch and a half?

Looks great Phil !!!

1 Like

Iā€™m constantly amazed by your skills, Phil. It looks amazing!

1 Like

It will probably turn out like everything else you do. Amazing!

2 Likes

Like I said, amazing!

1 Like

Looks great! You can paint. Lol

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Maybe a golden oak or light stain on the cabin to bring out the grain and give it that aged cabin look?

There needs to be a ā€œdouble likeā€ option.

Iā€™m always amazed at how the black in vcarved letters really makes it pop

1 Like

I have STL files to carve Japanese girl to help for Painting, if you interest. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

5 Likes

How long is the Finger. :confounded:
That is great work Phil. As always.

1 Like

Wow!

How do you get such a crisp finish between the lettering and stained wood? Do you need a mask or something

1 Like

Phil, did you create that STL yourself, or find it someplace? Iā€™ve checked 3dmag.org, yeggi, thingiverse etcā€¦ and canā€™t find any of those ā€¦

Awesome thanks, birdhouse, nose, pick etcā€¦ werenā€™t returning anything goodā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like