Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

#TooSoon.

4 Likes

YES! I love pics of people holding firearms that practice proper trigger discipline. So many out there that donā€™t that give us responsible gun owners a bad rap. Thank you Phil. :joy:

2 Likes

Hey I am backā€¦ late to the party but I have a solution for your future dice issues Phil. Cut the holes for polished Pennies.

ā€¦ back to more catching up

1 Like

You can buy a special penny-sized bit at the woodworking store. A lot of guys embed a new penny into their work to date the piece.

2 Likes

ā€¦ well then at least you can say they are worth at a minimum of $.21 then ha ha

2 Likes

nah, new pennies are copper clad zinc. worth about 1/4 cent each.:grin:

2 Likes

donā€™t be so hard on yourselfā€¦ we all make mistakes

1 Like

Top one @PhilJohnson
Bottom one @Zach_Kaplan

?

1 Like

I dont drink any more, but then I dont drink any less either.

2 Likes

yeah, but would you consider gluing that into a chunk of wood and chucking it across the lawn?
Me neither.

1 Like

Phil, Iā€™m confused by your post about the SYT ball nose end mill. You state ā€œFor 3D (I do .02ā€ final pass with .008" stepover @ 120ipm)" Are you using the roughing/finishing tools in VCarve? If so, I donā€™t see the option of a final pass. I use an 1/8" end mill for roughing and the same ball nose end mill for finish. Where is the option to define the final pass? Also, you note adding the angle of taper to the tool definition. Are you defining the SYT bit as a ball nose end mill? I donā€™t see the option to enter the angle. Only the diameter of the ball nose is available for definition.

very cool. i could have used that a few months ago for my momā€™s wedding.

1 Like

@PhilJohnson

Phil do you run Aspire or are you strictly v-carve pro?

(I realize the thread name says v-carve) but curious if you have stepped up to that program?

How do you over come the limitation in v-carve on the number of imported 3D elements when you are assembling your designs ?

ahh okay thanks yeah I actually have mesh mixer I guess I to play around with it some more and learn it

holy crap even with the conversion i bet that slows v-carve down I know I have problem on some design files like this and node heavy vectors

I still havenā€™t gotten the hang of MeshMixer. :neutral_face:

oh alright that sounds good then

Yesterday Iā€™ve carved some works, and have similar ā€œtracksā€ as you have:
Screenshot_2

is that normal, or it could be fixed somehow?
below is mine carving (birch)

To re-state what Phil said, If it is on the other two sides of the pocket (that we canā€™t see in the photo) the wood is to blame. If it does not appear on the other two sides, there is a problem with your machine.