Piece of crap does it again

I just keep a notepad with probe commands. I will give CP a try this weekend

1 Like

looks like Iā€™ve been blaming the x-carve when the problems are mostly UGS related, sorry z-carve

2 Likes

As long as you have the same parts in the box as I did and everything is functional, you can indeed get your machine running tight. Iā€™m glad you are getting sorted.

i found since using pic sender ive had no problems watso ever pic sender plus v carve pro match made in heaven

2 Likes

I feel u friend just take a breath it is a hard learning curve i at a few points posted this machine for sale sure glad i worked thru it all i trained myself i tried every feature on it to see just what it does i noted all this i also did the same with speeds and feeds to suit me friend just set back and take your time you will not just make a job rite off the start there will be a pile of scrapes so just breath one thing heat srink your belts next stiffin x up and then make sure your v wheels are adjusteted if you need any minor help i think i can help oh i also tossed out the wire mounts on the machine i direct wired them and heat srink taped them no lose wires

1 Like

I know this is old but ugs is unreliable I have done several projects and it will drop my bits right into the board and ruin it. I will stop it and start it again and from there on Iā€™m good its always that first shot and Iā€™m not sure why

What version of UGS are you running and what is in the header of the g-code? Could you paste the first 10 lines or so?

I had nothing but problems with UGS, so i switched to GRBL-Controller made by ZapMaker. It works really well for me.

As for Cad/Cam, i use Solidworks + HSMWorks, though i have started to tinker with fusion 360.

Aspire is 2000 bux.
I would talk to them about what they recommend for sending their code to the X-carve.
They have profiles they sent me for my 3Dcut.
They are very helpful and fast on the response.
If you are using a non paid version then the profile in the those are not up to date or are inaccurate.

Something that causes me a lot of grief at times.
Easel defaults to inches and I work mainly in mm.
One day when trying to adjust the bit z It tried to go 10 inches instead of 10 mm.
So this could be what UGS was doing earlier for LachlanRoss.
UGS is not the best but works better when you have just the right setup.
for me it crashes and sometimes will send the spindle up and not stop till you turn off the machine or hit the E-Stop button. ( I really need one)
Also I too have ran my bit into my bed but it was not the machineā€™s fault. Rather was me or the units that I overlooked when working with the system in Easel.
Another thing I am going to mention is that there are software limits I was not aware of and could help beginners. Inventables should post these or put a big sheet with useful links when setting up the system. I wish I would have known they were there when I started.

Hereā€™s mine.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: