Please answer the fill method (Conventional, Climb)

In the cut setting process, the fill method is very important because it affects the product quality.

Can I set Conventional and Climb manually?
No matter how much I searched, I couldn’t find it.

If it is not possible to set it yourself, can you tell me under what conditions Contional and Climb are applied?

No, this is not a user adjustable setting within Easel.

This is more complex than it needs to be, because I think Easel choose to use Conventional for most processes because most hobbyist level cnc machines have poor backlash prevention.
So When a cut type of “Clear out a Pocket” is selected than Conventional is used and a anti-clockwise toolpath is generated around the inside perimeter.

When a cut type of “inside the path” an anti-clockwise toolpath is also generated and for most used this would be making a slot BUT technically this could apply a Conventional type cut, IF this path isn’t slotting because material near the slot had been previously been removed.

BUT when one selects “outside the path” an anti-clockwise toolpath is also generated and for most used this would be making a slot BUT technically this could apply a Climb type cut, IF this path isn’t slotting because material near the slot had been previously been removed.

For the purpose here I consider a Slot Cut to be both and thus neither climb or conventional due to both edges being equally engaged in material. . . .

BUT When you Add a Raised Island into the center of a Pocket cut The Edge Face of the island is cut with a Conventional, the Perimeter Edge Face is cut with a Conventional cot, But portions of the pocket are cleared out using a climb cut condition.

So I think the answer to this one is “it depends on a lot of factors”

1 Like