PowerSwitch Tail II wiring to X-carve 100mm

I’ve been looking around trying to figure out exactly how to wire up the Dewalt 611 110V router to the the PowerSwitch Tail II and X-Controller. I don’t have much experience with relays, but I feel like I have everything wired up properly. The 2. -in (on the PowerSwitch Tail) is wired to the spindle 0-10V in the back of the X-Controller. The 3: Ground is wired to the GND on the back of the X-Controller.

Does the PowerSwitch Tail II need another power source as well? Does something need to be different within the X-Controller wiring? I’m not sure what I’m missing here.

I would like to have the spindle automaticaly controlled by the g-code sent through Chillipeppr.

Thanks for your help!

That thread doesn’t seem to answer the specific question I’m asking. Can anyone else shed some light on the subject or done the exact same thing that I’m trying to do with the powerswitch tail II?

@AdamHughes

The PowerSwitch Tail II is factory wired for Normally Open or Normally Closed configuration. The easiest one to use in this application is the one that is configured for Normally Open. If you have the Normally Closed version you can modify it internally (requires soldering) to the Normally Open configuration.

Set $30=1. and $31=0. (note the decimal points) in grbl if they are not already set to those values.

Assuming that you have the Normally Open version:

Hook the wires up as below and
M3 S1 will turn the router on
S1 will turn the router on if M3 is active
S0 will turn the router off
M5 will turn the router off

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Larry.

I’ll let you know how it goes when I try it out later today!