Production Work

The miter saw would not be my first choice due to its accuracy problems, i.e. Difficult to set the angle and keep it, flex in the blade. You might be good if you are making a one off but I’m making 1700 total that have to interlock together so I need more accuracy. That’s why I’m used my table saw at first. I made 3 different jigs and it’s fast just not quite accurate enough. One side was about .030 short, I was able to get it down to .015 but not any closer. So that’s why I tried the XC to see if I can get even closer, if it doesn’t work back to the table saw it is.

PLEASE post a pic of the floor, while your building it and once done. I’d love to see how it turns out.

Wait. What if you cut your shape into the stock material (I’m assuming is a 4x4 type peice of lumber) using your table saw, then simple slice off the finished peices. Would that work?

a 4x4 post will not fit on the x-carve

Sorryb didnt explain myself well enough. My idea does not use the xcarve. Jusr shape it on the table saw then slice itb with either the table saw or a chop saw…

oh yeah thats what I was thinking right after I posted it lol

I put a lot of thought into how to cut these out and I thought about cutting the 4 x 4s down to like 2 feet and then slicing off tiles. And I cooped out cause I didn’t think I could get each side equal length.

I just came across this thread and my interest is piqued. Any pictures of the finished product? @JeffAnderson