Project you are most proud of

I’m torn between two of recent projects. This was a tablet/cookbook holder I made for my wife’s grandmother that turned out really well with the different colors:

And the other was a plaque I made for my brother-in-laws wedding:

14 Likes

The one that currently has the title of “My Favorite” is the boardwalk in Dorset,Mn.

This is a on going effort, in fact with in the last hour I recieved a text saying they have more to be done.
Currently about 100 boards have been engraved.

20 Likes

This one would probably be my favorite project as it had many different facets to deal with from pockets to rounded edges to making the pcb board for the leds to the hole drilling, the switch and all the rest. Everything was manufactured on the X-carve for my friends bar East Village Social (EVS) and there EVS Lager.

18 Likes

Thats awesome, what material is it made from?

1 Like

3D Carving myself was fun :slight_smile:

Or there’s always some architectural reconstruction from a 3d scan

17 Likes

I’m proud of this not so much from a machining perspective, although that played a big part, but from a design perspective, it was definitely one of the more complex projects I’ve done, and I feel came out very close to the vision:

29 Likes

Only having the first few pics on my screen, at first i thought i was some kind of aircraft carrier thingy!

BUt the reality of it is cooler.

It looks just like your avatar.:laughing:

1 Like

Styrene sheet

1 Like

Yahtzee!!!

17 Likes

Roll Tide!!!

17 Likes

9 Likes

First carving with multiple bit changes. Cut in easel then vcarved with fengrave. Given as a gift to a Marine Corps vet. To see the look of joy on his face meant the world to me.

25 Likes

Absolutely fantastic @ShaneBell - do you mind sharing the Easel project?

I am not sure if that is possible. I obtained usage rights to make these from the Marine Corps trade mark office. and I am unsure if I am able to share the files and images used.
http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/divpa/Units/Marine-Corps-Trademark-Licensing-Program/

1 Like

You can buy a hobbyist license to use the symbol for $30 a year

Hobbyist_USMC_License_Agreement_2015

My father gave 8 years of his life in Vietnam, and has been suffering as a result of agent orange for the last 10 fighting diabetes, respiratory issues, parkinsons and a variety of other related complications, it’s WELL worth it to spend $30 to be able to use the logo as a gift for him.

I’d happily pay 10x that to support the USMC and our troops.

Semper Fi!

@ShaneBell - I’ll ping you once I have the permission, if you wouldn’t mind sharing it then, I’ll make sure it doesn’t get shared.

5 Likes

I just got my X-Carve set up, and have virtually no experience with woodworking, so I was amazed what I could do by listening to others on this forum, and watching a couple youtube videos on wood finishing.

13 Likes

Real nice. Did you find a website for the GIS info or did you trace this and build the file yourself? I have wanted to makes these but did’t know how to take the info and convert it into vcarve pro. Thanks for any help.

:flushed::boom::heart_eyes:
That is a wonderful piece of machinery. Great job.