PVC hangers

Started designing my new dust collection system for my shop after moving. After struggling to find something to hang the PVC pipe I spent about 15 minutes on aspire and had a design ready to cut…

Love having an idea and being able to make it into reality in such a short amount of time.

3 Likes

Yah 9 was enough for me and was just a 2 dollar piece of plywood so wasn’t to worried about utilizing the space :slight_smile:

I do like the idea of an app to do that though!

1 Like

@MitchWillard… If you use aspire, look at nesting, it arranges the parts for best material utilization.

He said he was using aspire…v-carve pro also does parts nesting.

I’ll check that out! Thanks

1 Like

svgnest.com can take svg files and calculate the best nesting and allow you to export the nested svg. Ive never used it on a project, but i have played with their demo. Might be something worth looking into.

3 Likes

Very nice find! Looking forward to seeing how that progresses. It seems to do very well with simple closed straight line shapes, but not so much for curved or shapes with internal cutouts.

I think Easel should run something similar with it’s box making application. Or at least, allow exporting of svg so that an application like svgnest can be utilized more easily.

Here are some hangers I made for ceiling joists, and 3 inch piping:

CNC to the rescue! Vacuum hose hooks!

A video posted by Jeremy Johnstone (@jeremy.s.johnstone) on Apr 23, 2016 at 6:28pm PDT

3" Pipe hooks

A photo posted by Jeremy Johnstone (@jeremy.s.johnstone) on May 6, 2016 at 10:59am PDT