Question Of Material Thickness

Im looking into buying the X Carve, but before I buy it. I was curios on what is the max thickness of material that fits on the x carve. I need to be able to fit about 2 5/8" material. I dont need to to carve that deep, I only need to carve about 1/2" into the material but the material is thick. Would it fit. Can I remove the waste board to make it fit or modify the xcarve?

I think about 2.5" is about it under a stock xcarve. You can buy y axes riser and lift it 2" and have plenty of room then.

3 Likes

You could remove the waste-board if you wanted to, but I would recommend fastening the X-Carve to your table since the waste-board does provide some rigidity and weight to the machine.

You can also purchase/make X-Axis risers if you so desire.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

3 Likes

Awesome Thanks. Do you have any risers to recommend? Or are they all about the same?

I can’t really recommend one over the other. Just look around the forum and Google and you will find a few people offering them.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

These are the ones I have. Very happy with them. You should also get the Y-Axis stiffeners. See checkboxes on the same page.

I’m no longer using mine and have only a 10 hours on it. Like new if you’re interested.all ready to go along with the computer email me haunwelding@sbcglobal.net