Radius a corner

Does anyone know a simple way to draw a radius on a corner that is not a 90 degree corner?

Attached is the outline I am trying to radius the corner on.

Without knowing your ultimate goal…
If I had to to use Easel…

I’d use the inlay generator and use the resultant pocket to get radiused corners.

Maybe i am missing something but can you not just use the corner radius? image

1 Like

I take that back i see it does not show up for an irregular shape. Not sure why it has corners just like anything else.

2 Likes

Do the following:

1. Select the “Edit point” option, or double-click on the object to be edited. This will display all of the points for the object.
  2. Select the point (corner) you with to manipulate and change.
  3. Change the corner style from “Straight” to “Curved.”
  4. Select each of the radius arms for the point (green arrows shown below) and manipulate them to achieve the desired curve.
  5. Hit the Alt-key, “Stop Editing,” or double-click off of the object to stop editing points.

Also, remember that your bit will automatically leave its radius in any acute angle cut unless you are doing V-Carving operations.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

I am trying to make signs like this.

Except i also want to make them small, too, in addition to bigger. Something like 3 or 4 inches tall.

This seems to me to be one of those draw it elsewhere and bring it in as a svg situations.

1 Like

I’m a newby here and a little dense because of a stroke. What is an easy, free program to draw it in?

NeilFerreri1,

Many thanks for the absolutely brilliant tip. I have been trying to work out how to do that for months! I have just used that great feature and introduced myself to the apps which I haven’t ever used before. I can do that feature with Fusion 360 but it takes me a week to re-learn how to operate it every time I go back to it. It would be so good for the fillet feature to be included in the normal software package.

1 Like

No problem… It’s definitely more intuitive in Fusion, though.
Welcome to the community!