Recent Random Projects

I have never posted pics on here before. Been watching all of you amazingly talented folks for a long while. I’m a project accountant by trade…and dabble as a hobby woodworker…so all of this CAD CAM has been awesome to attempt to learn!! My wife makes jewelry, and most of my projects are small profile shapes that she uses. I am always inspired by all the talent I see on here and often try and attempt to “recreate” what others have made…just to see if I can do it. CNC has brought a whole new level of detail and precision! Easel and Fusion 360 gave me a whole new world to explore…and that got me into wanting to do more. I recently purchased Vcarve…mostly because it is much less of a learning curve, although fusion 360 got it all started…especially with all of the YouTube videos out there. I have made many small projects…but I am attaching a few I made the last couple weeks. Really inspired lately by all of the project posts…so actually took some pics for these. I still have some work to go to get my machine more accurate…done many/most of the mods…but for the small jewelry I didn’t need/wasn’t worried about to much…plus not knowing better, it was already much more precise than I have ever been! Basically I haven’t really tightened anything up since I got it roughly a year ago…not sure if lucky, or just not knowing made it all seem perfect…but as I get into bigger projects I do see some of the missteps…or variances of greater than .01…which is about as detailed as I ever thought I could imagine! little did I know…lol! anyway, on to the pics…and more praise of all the inspiration I see in all the stuff you guys and gals do!!! Even seeing what you folks “mess up” I usually find amazement in the thought process and design detail you go through…as I said, all new to me and I have that kid in a candy store look all the time on here!!!

A familiar sign of recent!! Thanks for the inspiration!

One for my Neighbor and his boys that race Jr. Dragsters…gotta work on my finishes.

Some acrylic signs for my daughters I recently made…forgot to take pics of the bases for them or in them. Will try and do that soon.

These last three are a sign in progress…the wife tells me on Thursday night that they have a fund raising golf tournament on Saturday for the Pearland football program (she works for the coach) and wanted me to make something. Up till midnight last night getting it to this point…and today after work have to put some finish and get all the finger prints off…

5 Likes

My wife has Amazon Prime and I was surprised at how quick it came. And it cut 100% better than the stuff I had previously bought at Lowes… https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C13ZSBA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also got one of these for Aluminum and the acrylic… https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VY3664/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
cuts both like butter…

And thanks for all your project posts!! Very inspirational!

1 Like