Reset Z axis only

Hi,

I am a Vcarve user so I import g-code to Easel (which is by the way, the best g-code sender in my opinion!! PAUSE means PAUSE, STOP means STOP!!)).

Anyway, when a bit has to be changed, the Z needs to be reset, but you want to keep the old home for X and Y.

Maybe an option can be added in the wizard on the homing Move Bit to Work Zero page to say “Reset Z - Retain last X & Y”.

Am sure that this would come in handy for many users. I know that some discussion surrounded this before, but the solutions seemed to be a bit long winded to me.

Thanks

Steve

2 Likes

We are on the same page as that is exactly what I am saying “Reset Z and Retain X & Y”.

X and Y remain as they were and only Z will be reset. Eliminates the need for any additional hardware - just adjust your new Z anywhere on the stock, click to reset Z and then Carve.

1 Like

Why hasn’t there been anyone else talking about this?!?! I have the same issue!

1 Like

I concur! :smiley:

I’d like to vote for this feature as well.

1 Like

One year later!!! Any news on an update on this feature??

Thanks

Steve

You can workaround this by entering “G92 Z0” in the Inspector window which will zero the current Z position.

@HaldorLonningdal, how does this work then with “Use Last Home Position”?

What I am trying to accomplish is to use the last X and Y while resetting the Z only. If I use the code as you suggest, then what would I have to do to get the job started from the last X, Y?

Thanks
Steve