[Resolved] GRBL flash and X-Carve settings

Did this ever get solved? I’m having the same problem as the OP, but can’t find a solution.

When I connect via UGS using baud 115200 it says “Grbl 0.9i [$’ for help]” in the console.
If I type “$” into the command box I get the same response, if I type “$$” I get the same response… But I don’t get the $$ settings read out.

Could it be a problem with the firmware on the arduino?

Sometimes pressing “X+” in the Machine Control tab results in all the stepper motors stopping their hisses for about 1sec, then they go back to hiss, but no movement.

If I try connecting to Easel, the Machine Setup procedure stops at “Configuring Z axis for ACME…” alert, and I hear periodic regular clicks from the z-axis, with sporadic tiny movements of the acme thread.

Driving me up the wall… Any suggestions?

Did this ever get solved? I’m having the same problem as Mike R, but can’t find a solution.

When I connect via UGS using baud 115200 it says “Grbl 0.9i [$’ for help]” in the console.
If I type “$” into the command box I get the same response, if I type “$$” I get the same response… But I don’t get the $$ settings read out.

Could it be a problem with the firmware on the arduino?

Sometimes pressing “X+” in the Machine Control tab results in all the stepper motors stopping their hisses for about 1sec, then they go back to hiss, but no movement.

If I try connecting to Easel, the Machine Setup procedure stops at “Configuring Z axis for ACME…” alert, and I hear periodic regular clicks from the z-axis, with sporadic tiny movements of the acme thread.

Driving me up the wall… Any suggestions?

Make sure your G-Shield is properly plugged into your Arduino. It is easy to have the connection wrong.

I’ll pull it out of the enclosure and check it again.

I’m using a CNCShield instead of gShield too

All sorted, the arduino was shorting

1 Like

I can not open the X-carve with the GRBL 3.6.1, it show me: “Cant open COM port COM6”, but when I use the Easel online, work fine, but I need import a G code from Bobcad, the X- carve can work with GRBL?