[RESOLVED] No auto spindle start and stop

Small problem. I have my router hooked to one of the switch boxes everyone uses here from amazon to automatically turn the router on and off. It quit working. If I plug into the always on , the router runs but no automatic control. When I tell easel to turn o spindle, nothing and the active switch light on the box does not light. I have neatenec up my wiring so I thought that would be it. I checked very carefully with no luck. I do not have a multimeter. The other change I made at the same time was turning on and setting soft limits. Any idea where to check? Thanks in advance.

Clay

BTW, I have the xcontroller

Are you talking about the IoT Relay? If so, you should be plugged into the “Normally Off” plug.

1. If you are using Easel, is the Spindle Control drop box of the machine menu in Easel set to ‘Automatic’?
  2. Double check the wire connections at the back of the X-Controller as well as at the IoT Relay.
  3. Are you wired into the PWM and GND on the X-Controller?

All of those things have been checked and are good. Interesting thing is it does not turn on in Easel, but it does function properly with vcarve paths sent fromUGS. I am stumped.

Clay

Easel had a quirk at one time. Assuming you are running grbl 1.0c try setting $30=1. and see if that makes the spindle work in Easel.

1 Like

Also, I tested my with a 9 volt battery to make sure the IoT was working correctly.

$30 setting fixed it. Somehow it was at 750. Many thanks

Clay

1 Like