I reached out to MecSoft (makers of RhinoCAM) to inquire about post processors / compatibility with X-Carve, and I received a very timely and thoughtful response... what are your thoughts?
RhinoCAM outputs standard G & M codes and includes posts for over
200+machine controllers. If the X-Carve from Inventables can read G
& M codes, send us a sample g-code and we can take a look at it to
see if RhinoCAM can output a similar code.
The following information is required to determine the feasibility of writing a post for a 3 axis machine
- G & M code specifications from the controller manual
- Information on canned cycles for drilling, tapping, boring operations, (G81 - G89)
- Arc output formats for Circular interpolations (G02/G03),
- Start and End Block information
- Tool Change definition
- A sample G code output that runs on your controller.