Ridges in Pockets Along Y Axis

I did verify the set screws were still tight, I locktited them when they were installed.

Should this gap be present?

From what I can tell…that gap shouldn’t be there. But with the set screws removed, I can’t get it to slide down at all.

Umm…is my flange in upside down, or am I crazy? Now that I’m look at pics…am I wrong?

It was indeed upside down. I fixed it, I will update the results tomorrow.

So I fixed the flange being upside down. Issues still persisted.

However, removing the dust control and not using my shop vac have solved the problem. I assume it is either a weight issue with the dust boot, or a power issue with the shop vac.

I am going to do another carve with the dust boot hardware attached, but the shop vac not powered on.

Has anyone seen similar issues?

how does your dust boot attach?

It’s the inventables dust boot, so via magnets on its risers.

It’s probably the vacuum hose being dragged or too heavy causing the spindle to move slightly when loaded. Get the tension off the hose as the spindle moves around the table.

I will verify there is no resistance from the hose and update.

I have a similar problem and could not figure it out, until today. Everything was tight with no movement on any axis. However, I was getting a ridge when it changed direction. I watched everything and kept my hand on the Z axis to see if it moved when it changed direction and nothing. Then I watched the dust collection boot. It so happens that the bristles are so stiff that when they change direction they actually move the Z axis just a little. The movement is enough to cause the ridge. I reset the boot so the bristles are barely touching the surface and the ridges went away. This also explains why on the initial plunge it cuts deeper.

I believe that was a factor in my issues as well. I seem to have them sorted out now, still ordered a linear Z axis though.