Rochester, NY

Somebody out there in Rochester, NY willing to come and help me. I can’t out whats going on with my carves. Machine is square and the z axis is square.

Offering beer and a couple chuckles.

Can you describe what the issue is? Maybe post a short video of what is happening?

I can’t offer in-person help, but I could possibly jump on a Teams, Zoom, Discord, or other video call one afternoon or evening. PM me if you want to try and set something up.

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

Yep so we’re a 16th off in both the x and y axis. Its also didnt reach full depth and along the x axis lost the depth completely.

Do this

But also make sure your cut path is set to “outside the path”

1 Like

Definitely follow @SethCNC’s advice above for calibrating the machine and choosing “Cut outside shape path” on a cutout.

Also, if you are losing depth across the X-Axis direction and this loss of depth is the same at different Y-Axis points, you could have further issues:

1. The X-Axis is not parallel to the base of the machine.
  2. The wasteboard is not parallel to the X-Axis.

If the machine components are set up correctly, you can run a wasteboard flattening design to correct the wasteboard thickness variability. Technically, this would work for #1 as well, but it is best to get the machine itself set up as closely to perfect as one can and then flatten the wasteboard.

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

1 Like