Rockler Work Table

I like to make all my shop cabinets the same. Frame less birch plywood with stub mortise and tenon, walnut trim and edge banding, Euro hinges. So when I bought an xcarve I made the parts/cuts list. My son works with a guy who just bought a house with a garage full of Rockler work tables in a large L shape. All the tables were on expensive casters with 1" thick (5/4") glued up 24" x 36" solid pine panels, (probably bought at Lowes). These steel frames are modular with holes for hinges and all kinds of options.

The old homeowner left probably thousands of dollars in work tables. The new owner did not want them so my son got several and gave me a 36" x 36" table with 4 full doors front and back. The top and bottom are 2" solid core oak doors. I cut the front doors and made drawers on top and shorter cabinet doors on the bottom.

I feel like I won the lotto! One reason for this post is to show how good the Rockler modular work tables are for this purpose.

2 Likes

Thats a great idea. I have lots of rocker stuff and love their table leg sets. I built my router table with them.

Nice setup man! What do you have that laptop mounted with???

Thanks. I put a few Velcro strips on the laptop so I don’t hit it with a board (again!)

Laptop Stand