Round Clock

Okay, guys. I need a little help.
I’m making a 12" diameter clock, but I already have the circle. How do I know where to set my x/y axis? I really don’t want to mess it up.
Thank you for any advice you can give.

1 Like

if you have a round and/or circle blank, it would be good to work from center of blank.

or you can make a jig to hold your blank

2 Likes

Center origin really is the best method for rounds, i actually use center for everything…

1 Like

Thank you!! I love Paw Paw’s videos.
I don’t have a probe. Do I really need one?

1 Like

Blank? Jig? :woman_shrugging:
I’m in big trouble. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

No, a probe isn’t needed. You can set Z zero with the paper method, sliding a piece of paper below the bit and jogging down in tiny increments until the paper grabs on the bit & setting z zero there.

When Ken said “blank” I’m pretty sure he means it as in “workpiece”

And a “jig” you could hold a “blank” in a specific location would be handy for carving batches of identical sized workpieces (aka blanks)

1 Like

Thank you, Seth. That’s what I’ve been doing; the paper method. Now I just have to find the center of my circle.

1 Like

Draw two horizontal lines across the round equal distance apart, then draw a line from where the line meets the edge of the round on all four ends. Where those two lines intersect is the center of the round.

1 Like

Thank you, Robert!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.