Saving cut files to my laptop

I am getting alot of files in my xcarve folder. i have modified some so they arent the same as the original drawing. Is there a way i can save them to my laptop and upload them again when i need them?

follow

I had a similar question this past weekend.

Try this, and see if it works for your needs:

1. Project → Download Project (zip) - it saves a zip file to your computer containing a text file with some settings and an SVG file
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 08.12.09
  2. when you want to upload it again, Project → Import SVG - your tabs won’t be the same, but from what I can tell, the artwork is the same - I imported the art back in to the same file, and I’ve only done this once, but it looks like it would work.
2 Likes

I did have to adjust where the end-mill was cutting from “on the line” to either inside or outside the line.

1 Like

It saves a text file and a Chrome html document

thanks
tim

You can save the Gcode as a text file to a laptop/external drive and open it in Notepad. I generate my gcode to a thumb drive as my x carve is not inside the house where there isn’t internet access.

Just a thought - You may have your computer set up to open SVG files in Chrome. I use a Mac. If you use a PC, you would have to define the program that opens SVG files as something else (Inkscape?) so that it opens correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.