Scaling of the drill operation symbol

@Zach_Kaplan @JohnHayes Is is possible scale the drill symbol or can it be added? I have been using the feature extensively but run into all kinds of issues of it covering the parts.

2 Likes

Hi @JDM - Thanks for the feedback! I sent this over to the team. Currently it can’t be scaled but we can see why the current implementation is challenging.

1 Like

Thank you. I use .02 and .032 bits almost daily. I have been doing some work-arounds using workpieces but if this scaled to the size of the bit like cut paths, it would be awesome. Things get out of control fast.

1 Like

I have the same “challenge” here. I want to drill PCB holes and they are really tiny and really close together :slight_smile:
Would love if the guides would scale or if there would be an options to hide them.

Greatings from Cologne
Pascal

I am seeing the same issue. I want to use a #60 drill ( 0.40" ) for through hole Printed Circuit Board components. The drill icon is much too large and the center of the icon is greyed out which hides the target center. Further, the drill icon scales up as the user zooms in on the target center.

Blue side up,
Bob

Just to bump this topic.

I am new to Easel and was searching for a solution to this problem. I also want to drill some holes for a PCB and the resulting, overlapping drill-symbols, is a nightmare!

It would be great if these were smaller and even better if they snapped to the grid.

Thanks for the letting us use the software for free btw.
Great work.
Thanks