ScrewDrive Upgrade Kit (New and updated Thread)

Im still waiting for my plates, hope they come soon.

Hi,
Done, - well almost - a little cable tidy up to do and also a connection block to be purchased to connect the last Stepper Motor. Tomorrow’s task

some notes
Had to shorten the shafts on the stepper motors by a little to ensure clearance between Threaded Bar and Shaft.
Best to tension the threaded bars to remove back lash before putting the cross member in.
I also tensioned each thread prior to connecting the coupling.
No black lash present.

cross member done last
Tensioned cross member threaded bar
mounted stepper motor and coupling

do not try to over tighten grub screws.

go slow, take your time. Be prepared to do a number of test fits prior to final fit. saves that frustration at the end.

tomorrow i will wire up last stepper motor and start testing - fingers crossed.

cheers

Garry

2 Likes

Garry are those the plates from MFX Workshop?

Yupps! Those are from the last batch that sold in 2020/2021. They almost look professional when they are anodized. Good work man.

1 Like

Looking at the above photos is making me really look forward to this upgrade… also just realized i need 8 more V-Wheels.

Not a must. It’s just an option I added because why not.

Morning all,

completed the calibration and cable tidy up. Xcarve runs very well

i have attached my UGS settings as a guide - your own machine will/may require different settings especially around max travel limits & possibly acceleration etc

for those interested:
my machine is 1000mm XCarve with X Controller.
X Controller set X,Y and Z to 1/16 stepper settings
Stepper motors are SM57HT51-280AF
i have replaced the original Z Axis
and now also replaced the X and Y

the machine now runs very well - now need to get into my next projects

Great Kit Phantomm

one thing remain to do is to move the Y Drag chain out by 50mm to clear the stepper motor when Y axis goes to max travel. at the moment I have limited the Y travel to 700mm

X travel is 800.

i will do a couple of test runs over the coming week.

thanks again Phantomm

firmware_2022-02-27.settings (7.8 KB)

cheers
Garry

1 Like

Looks really nice. I even asked my supplier if there is an affordable anodizer near me, but there is nothing good nearby.

Phantom could you provide a link to where we might be able to find this upgrade? So many replys to go through lol

Still at my site:

Thanks @Phantomm ! Do you sell the 1000mm screw upgrade? It only shows an option for the 500mm.

It will be available. Just need to specify the size once the site is updated.

Site is updated!
And there will be some changes coming to the Kit soon. Needs a redesign as some new ways of doing things has come to light. If its possible to implement them, we shall.

Hi Phantomm,
are you able to share what the changes are please.

are they for performance or assembly or both?

cheers

Garry

One minor change may be a bearing overhaul. And another is the lock collars for the acme. They are now a nut that allows easy tensioning.

Can someone please show me how the X lead screw is attached to the carriage?

Thanks

Line up the block close to the edge of the carriage. Carefully mark, drill and tap for M5.
If you make a mistake… move over 6-8 mm and try again. Or again. Or again. Plenty of space on the carriage for mistakes.

1 Like

Thank you Phantomm

from what is mentioned above is that the 1000 x 1000?

My Set up is 1000x1540. Recently finished my upgrade. So far Im loving it.

3 Likes