Settings for the lead screw

I have changed my slide/z carriage and this has got a 16turn inch lead screw.

How and what do I need to change to get this to run correctly ? I had the acme lead screw in the original setup

Check out this thread, there is alot of good info. I used it when i did mine.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Assuming you’re using GRBL the variable for Z-axis steps/mm is $102. NEMA bipolar motors are typically 1.8 degrees per step, which gives 200 steps per revolution. So…

16 revolutions/inch * 200 steps/revolution * 0.0393701 inches/mm = 125.98432 steps/mm

In the USG or Easel command line, enter $102=125.98432. This is assuming that it is direct-drive. If there’s a gear ratio, then multiply appropriately.

Also, never fully trust the data sheets, always measure your machine’s actual travel and adjust the steps/mm if needed. Calibration is always an iterative process.

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to these things :scream: :grin: Think there is something im not getting right here…after iv entered these settings (125.98) i try to move 1mm in universal gcode sender and it only moves 0.48 mm,this cant be right ??? what am i missing ??

Btw i use picsender to change my settings

Hei, prøv $102 = 262,45

Mulig jeg er på bærtur :wink:

1 Like

:slight_smile: Nice I ended up with a value of 187.600 still not finished fine tuning it.Will try a bit more tomorrow.A big thank you for all the help :grinning:

2 Likes