So for the passed 9 months or so I’ve been working on designing a corporate themed Shadowrun Cyberdeck. This is not based on any existing images of cyberdecks and was more just me doodling around. This was my first real project with a mill and I took my time and read a lot of posts on here. I’m pretty happy with how everything came out, but there is a lot I would change if I were to attempt this again.
The top is 2 pieces of bamboo and the bottom is 2 pieces of MDF. I used a kindle as the screen and a razer orbweaver as the keyboard.(I kept every screw so after I can put the orbweaver back together).
A long piano hinge was attached to the back and the handle slides ontop of the long…handle pieces…things? to act as a lock. I put a few small pieces of velcro on the kindle side to keep that side closed.
All 4 pieces fresh off the mill. You can see the handle I hand thinned down because I was off by a smidge in my measurements.
The handle was wrapped once more in wider strips, overall looks better. The Soykaf sticker was coated in a layer of epoxy to make it pop and protect it. Some bubbles formed
The inside! This is a fully functional computer powered by a raspberry pi, a giant battery, and a tiny wireless router. Cable management is not my forte. You can see some burn marks on the bottom of the bamboo where the bit was not long enough, haven’t made that mistake again. The panel mount USB is a bit too far back, most of my USB devices couldn’t actually plug in, but it worked great as a portable phone charger.