Signs with glow in the dark

Here is some of my signs finished with glow in the dark

12 Likes

Looks good. Paint?

i use glow in the dark powder, with epoxy resin,and painted with tinted laquer

What type of glow-in-the-dark powder do you use? most of the (cheap) glow paint products that Iā€™ve tried donā€™t seem to hold much glow.

Sakura brand ā€œSolid Markerā€ glow paint sticks (or ā€œSolidified Luminescent Paintā€) are bright, durable and can mark on anything.

Quality pigment is expensive!

I would love to see a step-by-step for this process.

I would also love a step by step if you or anybody else is willing!? I know not everyone has time for that though!!!

Btw your work is very nice!! Looks very professional!

yes your right pigment is expensive, is around $25 for 4oz.but the glow in the dark pigment works very good for me, i buy my pigments in www.glomania.com and if you use a white background before applying the glow in the dark is more bright

i can share this process just i need take some time this week to take pictures or video

1 Like

thank you Casey, i can share this process is very easy to make ill try to take some pictures or video this week i just finish this one

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great!

Thanks!

Cool idea.
Thanks for sharing.

Please do ā€¦ I was getting ready to try some glow powder in epoxy to fill engraved grooves in a part, and am sort of stuck on deciding my procedure. I do metal powders now in epoxy for fills and that works well, but the glow powder is a little different beast, worried either a) too thick of an epoxy will prevent it from getting enough light, or b) too thin and itā€™ll wash everywhere and the glow will be blotchy and visible even where you didnā€™t want it.

Torn between the normal T88 I use with the metal or something thinner like Mirrorcoat, although I suspect the thinner stuff might require constant stirring to prevent the glow settling out.

Also I currently use a heat gun to help ā€˜warmā€™ the epoxy with the metal so it flows into my engraving better - not sure thatā€™s safe with the glow powderā€¦

How about testing the correct amount on a test piece of material ? Just a small amount . Iā€™ve used the glow in latex before . Itā€™s a process to get the right consistency .

@HectorLuna what character is the 3rd and 4th one?

@RichardRemski i always make a test the glow powder in the epoxy before mixing with the hardener with a UV light i always use the yellow or green color powder those make more light and i put a white primer in the engraved piece to get more light

@Zach_Kaplan The 3rd and 4th is the same character just before paint and glow in the dark and after is finished and is RAINBOW DASH from MY LITTLE PONY was a gift for my niece

1 Like

@HectorLuna - So if I understand right you portion out your resin (part A only), mix in the powder, test and maybe add more depending, then after you have the glow youā€™re after you mix in the hardener (part B)?

Good to know it can be done that way. With the metal powders I always mix A and B to combine very well, then add powder last (while the curing time clock is already ticking).

Not sure about the white backing in my case - I want to use some red/orange in a piece of mesquite and Iā€™m worried itā€™ll show at the edges of the groove too much. Will definitely let you know how it turns out (Iā€™ll take blame if itā€™s bad, and give you credit if itā€™s good :wink: ) Iā€™m after a fairly subtle glow for this particular piece, kind of like low glowing embers (itā€™s for some of the lines in a firemanā€™s seal), wasnā€™t even going to tell the recipient to expect it, itā€™s hopefully a ā€œwhat the heck did you do???ā€ surprise moment.

(EDIT: Iā€™m after a daytime visible red/orange color, that also glows red/orange. Hopefully thatā€™s what I bought a couple weeks ago, should be arriving this week.)

Perfect works! Iā€™m Chloe from Glow Technoloy.If youhave any questions about glow products, please feel free to contact me.

There are two types of luminous powder, one is long-acting and the other is short-acting. You should be a long-acting luminous powder.You can take a look at this website, it is a website dedicated to luminous powder:GLOW IN THE DARK POWDER - glow in the dark powder | glow in the dark paint | glow in the dark stones | glow technology