Sketch Tools

I am not sure if there is already a way to do this but I really wish there were sketch tools I could use as construction lines for positioning images/designs from the library. From what I have been able to do so far, it seems as though there are alignment tools for aligning images to each other but there is not an easy way to “snap” a design to a specific point. This would be nice for consistency specially if I am taking an existing design and only customizing one small portion of it.

I currently work with the material blanks precut on other equipment with only the carving done using the xcarve. With the current set up, on close inspection it is obvious that the design was placed in an approximate position, and is even more apparent when actually measured.

I know the workaround for this would be to import the completed design from another program with drafting tools but I would love to make use of the simplicity of importing designs from the pro library in Easel.

If this feature already exists, please let me know.

would the X,Y coordinate positioning work?
you can use any of the 4 corners or center for positioning to a known coordinate.

I can make that work I think. I’ll just use a drafting program to lay out where I want each element and then input its coordinate manually in Easel.

Its definitely better than nothing. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.