Skimmed the wasteboard, ridges now exist

I have replaced my waist board with an aluminum bed.
However, I ALWAYS use a piece of hardboard under my projects to protect the bed / waist tboard.

@ChristineCzaja. Maybe this will help. I have many videos that have help a lot of new people. Check it out. If it helps then great. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWqe-RPxZc9G2tevx1vT9w

No ones machine comes prebuilt. These types of machine are only as accurate as you’re are willing to make them. I’m sure you remember all of the eccentric spacer you installed when you pet the machine together, those are used to correct the problems you’re having. As for the machine eating you’re clamps and some how a step block, that’s purely on the design that was trying to be cut. These machine like all computers follow the exact instruction they’re given. Whether you realized it or not that error was on you when you made the design. After building the machine it’s crucial that that you square and tram all parts on the machine. This is how you get ride of the lines, there may be some high and/or low spots on the MDF bed/waste-board, that’s really not something to get bent out of shape about since the humidity and temperature can effect this a lot, for both new comers and seasoned vets of the trade and is something to always consider. It can be frustrating for sure when something’s out of whack, but you either have to be prepared to deal with it and figure it out or this isn’t for you. If you got into this hobby expecting that there was going to be minimal tweaking if any and expect it to be 100% ready to go once it’s built, then you’re expecting the impossible. Inventables has one of the best customer service teams around and on top of the they even supply a forum for people to share help and their experiences with others, some of them far, far more in depth than this issue you’re having now. Again, if you’re not the type of person that’s hands on and like to figure out problems that you’ve never had to deal with before, then this hobby might not be for you after all. Having said that, any problems you do have will always have a solution, it’s just a matter of finding it, through customer service or this forum or elsewhere online. Just don’t give up on it and the rewards will be that much more rewarding. This isn’t that hard, kids are doing this stuff, just stay level headed and work on it and you’ll get it! And never be afraid to ask for help. That’s what we’re here for!

2 Likes

I have run into issues now and then. I find the people at inventables to be top notch. Every time they have helped getting me going in the right direction.
It’s usually something I entered wrong, as they say garbage in garbage out.
Bottom line slow down check setup twice cut once.

1 Like

You will soon learn to not feed the trolls.
Most are here to learn and help one another.

2 Likes