Software Upgrade

Not a happy Camper today. Just spent my Saturday trying to do a Job for someone but because the “new” upgrade was unable too, so lost the Job. Reading through all the BS I discovered my computer that I have been using for Easel, with Windows 7 is now obsolete…IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO SEE THAT IN LARGE PRINT SOMEWHERE IN THE BEGINNING OF THE DIRECTIONS. Do not know if the company reads this forum, but maybe this will help someone else.

1 Like

That is the Inventables Way.
Just put it out there and let the community help each other figure it out and inform others.

2 Likes

To place things into perspective, Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 on January 14, 2020. I personally believe it is more beneficial for Inventables to remain on par with operating systems that are supported rather than allowing their web-based software to be a potential security issue with Windows 7.

It is not like Inventables attempts to hide the requirements. One search and this link was the first hit that showed up for me.

The legacy drivers that support Windows 7 are available, but as mentioned on the webpage, they are no longer supported by Inventables.

I am sure there are many views on this, but I would not outright fault Inventables for not supporting old and unsupported operating systems.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

4 Likes

Hi John, Windows 7 is probably the best and easiest system to use that Microsoft has ever designed. The problem is Microsoft has quit sending automatic security updates for it. Since Inventables Easel worsk “online” you have to sorta work around the issue. You need a virus and security program that will protect your computer while conected to the internet. I’m still using Windows 7 and I purchased a security software called PC Matic. It supports Windows 7.
Specs:

• Secures Remote Desktop Protocol Ports from attack.
  • Protects against fileless or script-based malware.
  • Delivers maximum real-time malware/virus protection.
  • Utilizes the industry’s only globally automated whitelist.
    I haven’t had any problems with malware or viruses while conected to Inventables Easel… Google PC Matic and check it out. It was only $50 and it protects up to 5 computers. I hope this helps… Dennis

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.