[SOLD] Carvey CNC, about 30 hours, with minicomputer and bits - $1500, free shipping

A used Carvey CNC, with about 30 hours of machine time. In addition to the standard included equipment, I am including a Windows 10 microcomputer, and 35 1/8 inch shank bits. The bits cover a range of 1, 2, and 4 flute, flat and ball end, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32 inch cutting diameter. In total, this is a standalone system that does not need any other equipment to get up and running.

I have done one modification to this machine, where I have replaced the microswitch in the “Smart Clamp” with an aluminum touch plate. This eliminates the (in my experience) prone to failure microswitch. An alligator clip attaches to the bit in the collet, and the machine runs the homing cycle as normal. After homing the Z, pause the machine and remove the clip before the spindle starts. After this, the machine functions as normal.

I am selling this machine because I have outgrown it’s capabilities. I’m not content to do prototypes, I am moving to something capable of a production run. For someone with limited space or a dust-sensitive space, this machine is perfect.

I can ship to anywhere in the lower 48 states, free of charge. If anyone is within a few hour of Grand Forks, ND, I can drive to deliver as well.

Hey Caleb.

Is the machine still available? If so, can you take a picture inside of the enclosure, with the lid lifted? Also, is that just dust on the case or is the glass permanently fogged like that?

Thanks

Yes, the machine is still available. It is just dust on the case, a pass with a rag will take care of that. However, due to static electricity or simply the small space, the dust re-establishes itself very quickly.

Here are some pictures of the interior of the machine:

Still available?

@BrianMacinnes Yep.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 2 hours unless flagged)