SOLIDWORKS to Easel - Macro to Convert Faces to SVG

NP. Let me know if you run into any other issues, or if you have any suggestions to improve the macro.

Hey Ethan excellent work on this Macro.
I never really worked with macros before and ran into another run-time error (‘13’ Type mismatch).
Here is a screenshot of the Debug highlighted text. let me know what I need to do.
Thank you.

Mind showing me a screenshot of your model and feature tree? A few things could be going wrong. Unfortunately the line in the debugger is for the whole class… so it really could be a lot of different things.

Thank you for the quick reply!
Sure here is a screenshot of the model. The feature tree is pretty blank because I saved a solid body from one part file as a separate part file. I can send another screenshot of that part if you need it. The part is 0.125" thick.
Thank You

Hmm… Looks like it should work fine. Do you mind sharing the solid body with me? I might be able to do some better debugging on my end then.

Hi Ethan,

I downloaded your macro and used it a few times and its great, except now whenever i try to use it i get the message:

Run-Time Error’- 2147417848(80010108)
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Any suggestions?

Hi Logan,

I’m seeing that error now too. I will have to look into the code and see what’s causing it. Only change for me lately was a big windows update. There is a chance that could have caused an issue, but not sure what yet.

Thanks Ethan. I haven’t had any updates run it just started giving me this message.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Face2SVG_V1.04.zip (4.3 MB)

Hi Logan,

I was able to replicate the issue and found a resolution for it. Above is the updated macro with the fix. Let me know if this works or if you still have other issues.

2 Likes

Hi Ethan,

Mate you are a legend!! Works great and I can now carry on creating. If you were in Auckland, New Zealand I’d buy you a beer.

Thanks you very much for providing this macro, very much appreciated!!

Hi Ethan
I am trying your way to import SVG from solidworks some parts work fine some parts it come out goofy
here is the rip fro a wing it come out goofy

and the solidwork file here

and it come out like that see it

here is the SVG file too
root
can you please see why it doing that the either part come fine is some thing in my drowning wrong
thanks

Do you mind sending the part file for me to take a look at?

good morning Ethan
here is the link for the parts and the SVG files too
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ueMhiActx-xV-8kCqJxwTKUEOe5gjil5

thank you for your help

Face2SVG_V1.05.zip (4.3 MB)

Hi Ahmed, The attached should fix the issue you’re seeing. The spline curves weren’t being processed correctly.

Let me know if this fixes it.

Cheers,
Ethan

I add it to solidwork but when I click on the icon it not open
do I did something wrong it work before
thanks

Hi Ahmed, sorry for the late reply. Must have missed this message. Double check that the macro icon links to the macro correctly. The update might have changed the path.

Hi Ethan
it in the right link I redo it still not working
sorry for the trouble

What is the selected method when you click on the macro button?

yes it is the only one in there

I’m really not sure what’s going on then. I only changed one line of code in the macro and what i changed wouldn’t affect how the macro starts up.