[Solved]Lost connection from USB to Arduino

Lol, no it wasn’t real easy to figure out the problem!! Took my a few days to figure out it was even a Windows problem! I was strongly leaning toward a bad GRBL PCB! I am glad it turned that the PCB was ok though.

1 Like

Could you elaborate on this? I’ve got Windows 7 on one of the computers I might be using UGS with.
(The others are a laptop with XP, and a PC with Ubuntu and LinuxCNC)

I can try and elaborate as much as I can! My original issue was that I had ran the “blink” program in the Arduino App which erased the GRBL program that Arduino needs to communicate with the G shield. So as I was tring to flash the GRBL program back into the Arduino using the Compiling method, a message kept coming up:

avrdude:ser_open(): can’t open device “\.\COM4”. The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guidle/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions

So I tried to flash using a .hex file and got a message: Cannot connect to port
I tried changing my port from COM4 to COM6 and still the same message. So I tried to flash using my desktop computer and the flash took. So I started to think something might be wrong with my ports at that time. So then I tried to connect to Easel, and it would not find my machine, so I took my PCB Boards out of the case to insure the 2 board are connected properly and the first time I connected to Easel it took and I was able to calibrate everything. But then I put the Boards back in the case and could not connect again. Took Board back out, still couldnt connect, so I thought maybe a bad G shield. So I doulbe checked the Board connection to each other and made sure I was on the right port and remembered I had a problem with the port and tried to research how to fix it and found nothing but how to trouble shoot internet connection, So I decieded to just try the repair disk and re-install windows using the upgrade option and it worked, lol.

Hola todas, soy Yolanda (sorda) y españa. Tengo una problema Conexion a X-Care.
COM ( el texto esta blanco) y para encontrar el puerto, abra el panel de control y haga clic en “ver dispositivos e impresoras” su arduino debe aparece con el puerto COM.

mi windows (dipositivos e impresoras) hay una icono Arduino Uno (COM3) pero no especificado (desconocido). Propiedades: Arduino Uno esta dispositivo funciona correctamente.

Placa Arduino Uno esta funciona perfecto con tres luces de verdes y un luz de azul Y motor esta muy bien pero mi maquina no esta conectada a COM, por eso…podeis ayudarme.