[Solved] Wires seem to be fine, no motors are moving

XLoader.rar (453.4 KB)

When you start this loader, you will see similar windows as seen below.
Choose Hex File
Change device to same on picture
Change Comm port, which is yours (Check Device Manager)
Change Baud Rate to 115200

Make sure no other programs trying to connect. If web browser open, close it.

Then hit upload button.

After you finish, you must Start Easel and run Machine setup.

Alan, will this work for a Mac?

If your Mac connecting to Arduino, I think it works. Try once, it won’t hurt.

I tried and it was opened by VLC Media player. I tried to stop it but had no luck. Now whenever I try to open it, VLC hijacks it. No email from customer success today.

I downloaded Arduino again and tried to get the Grbl fork and when I tried to add the .zip library, this is the error message that I get in Arduino.

“Specified folder/zip file does not contain a valid library”

help!

OK, I’m grasping at straws here. I read that I should take the Grbl folder and put it in the Arduino Libraries folder and see if that works. When I open up Easel it is now stuck on “Connecting to X Carve.” So I reinstalled Easel Local, thinking that that was a problem and it still gets stuck. I don’t know what else to do if I can’t even get to the test page with the X, Y, Z arrows.

Try this Zip file. If you have winzip or similar, you will not have to see VLC. Must have WinZip.

XLoader.zip (678.1 KB)

It’s a windows .exe file, can’t open with Mac OS

Did you e-mail to help@inventables.com. This Forum have tons of posts if you go search for identical problems. Everyone start getting a little tired repeating same answers, that’s why you feel along. No panic. Try to do one at a time. If you didn’t send anything to Arduino yet, my suggestion do not play with Grbl firmware. You may have another problem like missing windows components, Java, bad configuration data on your Web Browser are the few of them.

Oups, looks like I missed that. I didn’t know you’re playing with Mac OS. You definitely need to contact help support.

I just spoke to Sam at Inventables and she was kind enough to send out a new G shield and Arduino, hoping that will solve the problem. Very excited to get things up and running this weekend!

2 Likes

Problem Solved!

The entire time, the GShield was not fully inserted into the Arduino. The box that held them would not allow me to press the pins all the way down for a complete connection. I unscrewed it and took them out of the metal inclosure box and connected them and all of the lights came on! Thank you for all of your help and patients everyone involved!!!

1 Like

Well, actually that is very common problem but we didn’t think simple things. For that reason, I put two small plastic inserts on top of Gshield opposite corners, when Fan case is closed, pushing Gshield down. Because it would be loose again with vibration.

@AlanDavis
I did that too. Printed two pillars on my 3D printer and slipped them into opposite corners. Works great.

1 Like

Dears,

thanks in advance regarding this discussion I have the same problem but with one Difference,my OS is Windows, and it`s running out of the metal inclosure box but still the same

I think need to try ARDUINO reset,

Dears,

Thanks for all of you it was very helpful, my X-CARVE are running now

Special thanks to MatthewJamison