Spider man font

A lady in work was telling me her daughter was finding it hard to get a room sign for her son whos name is seán. All the signs she seen didn’t have the fada over the “a”. She was saying he is mad about Spiderman so I thought I’d have a mess around on easel pro seen as I had one free carve day left and wanted to try out a spiderman font I found.
I gave a 290mm x 230mm bit of mdf a couple of coats of red that I had lying around and when it dried stuck a sheet of vinyl over it to make a paint mask.
I only had a 20° & 90° v bit to hand and the 20° looked way to long to carve for a practice so I used the 90°.
The webbing on the txt was tiny so it didn’t turn out the best

I gave it a it few coats of black spay paint earlier so I’'ll pull the vinyl off in a bit and see how it turns out

3 Likes

I like that a lot, wish I would have had that when my son was still young.

1 Like

Thanks. Picking off the vinyl is a pain in the backside lol

3 Likes

Cool font. Would you mind sharing where you got it?

I feel like a scolded school boy. Lol.

Hold on. I’ll ask google where the corner is. Lol

At least he didn’t say to go sit in the corner of a round room.

Sorry. I’ve been awag from the laptop for a while. @RobertCanning got there before me. Thanks Robert

Just a quick update . Just redone this sign

5 Likes

My son loves spiderman

3 Likes

And the Hulk

4 Likes

You trumped me with them 2. Great work sir.

Super easy to do. If you have VCarve. Or any program to trace a bitmap.

@CurtisCummings how Superman?

They need another coat of paint then some poly.

3 Likes

I want V carve badly. All I have is easel and
Adobe illustrator for now:frowning:

You can never go wrong with Superman.

I loved the movies myself when I was younger

1 Like

Hey curtis, can I ask where you got the vector for this. I have the lady othe spiderman sign and the haughter wants a hulk one for her son now. Did you use a v bit for that?

@CurtisCummings
Here’s my attempt at the hulk. Just have to paint it up

It looks blue but its actually green lol . Not as mush detail in the head cause I only had a 90°v bit :frowning:

I would have bet a pay check I replied to this. Sorry. Looks like you found it any way. Looks good