Spindle not moving on top bar to one side

I can only move my spindle in one direction so far. Can anyone give me ideas on what is happening? https://discuss-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/6/f/6fef6f56230c06413fcf6438a5ef6c68fb3fcaed.MOV

someone correct me if I am wrong but it looks like your drag chain is either on wrong or not the right length

I would go back in the instructions and take a look

That is the length of drag chain I received. I will go back and look over my drag chain instructions and see if something was missed during assembly

That’s the Y drag chain that you have on the X axis. You need to swap drag chains.

The new Xcarve’s Y drag chain is only intended for about half the axis as it butts up to the Xcontroller spot.

@JustinBusby

ahh yes that has to be it

You two guys are awesome! Thank you so much!!! Learning as I go.

Now I am stumped. Took both drag chains off and laid side by side and they are the same size. I went to my assembly instruction manual that I pulled off Inventables and in the pic of drag chains they lay sided by side and same size?

@JustinBusby, took my drag chains off and reassembled, I am good on that now. Put all back together and now my spindle will not move right to left??? Any ideas

Check your X stepper connections, sometimes just a few strands will screw up the connection.

Hey Brian
I checked all connections and they are secure. Here is a video not sure if you can tell anything from that

your videos are not working on the forum are they

private
unlisted
or
public

when you upload them to youtube?

1 Like