Spindle not turning (3018 Pro)

I have a 3018 pro cnc machine. on attempting to router engrave a nameplate today with the easel program, the spindle failed to turn. I have successfully tested the motor with a 9 volt battery and also checked the conductivity of the cable from the motor back to the control panel with no problems. Also the X, Y and Z step motors work successfully and follow the programed path with no problems.
I would be grateful for any suggestions what the problem could be or any ideas of other checks I could make before going to the expense of a new control panel.
Many thanks

Try sending a motor on from command from the easels console. Off the top of my head I think the command is M03. Are you using the woodpecker controller? It may have different pinout than the x-carve controller, especially if it has grbl v1.0 and not 1.1.

Machine–>advanced–>automatic Spindle

That will insert the necessary M3 and M5 commands in your gcode.

Thank you Mike and Neil for your very helpful advice. I have followed your suggestions but unfortunately the spindle still refuses to spin.
It looks as if a new control board is going to be the answer.
Thanks again to you both.

I have the same issue but mine is just the 2nd pass first pass it works fine 2nd the spindle does not come on. went from end mill to vbit.

can you share the Easel project?