Spindle wont spin

Everything was working great. But now when I go to carve the spindle wont spin.

1 Like

Won’t come on or is stuck and you can not turn it by hand?

1 Like

I had this issue when trying to be a bit too aggressive with my carve speeds… Hitting the eStop, then turning it back on seemed to fix it all.

Is the spindle set to 24v and automatic, with an rpm set, in easel?

that happened to me right now. Tried hitting the eStop and turning it back on didn’t do anything

It automatically turns it on when it goes through the check list process in Easel. It just wasn’t turning on, and it was like Easel had no idea something wasn’t working.

I turned it off, came back the next day and it worked just fine.

I turned it off for the night came back and it didn’t happen again. It seams that I just try as hard as I can to not use the estop. It seems that the whole machine kind of struggles to come back after an e-stop.

So my buddy said to try a hard reset and unplug it from the outlet and replug it in. It worked thank god

So I’ve just had this issue where the spindle won’t turn on. I have the x-carve pro. I have tried unplugging it from my computer… I have tried unplugging it from the wall… I have tried unplugging cables from the e-stop box… I’m not sure what to do and I’m getting very frustrated.
It was just working like half an hour ago. I used the e-stop because it plunged too deep (another issue entirely. I was running a program I’d just run successfully minutes earlier and it went twice the depth it was meant to at least… So I don’t know what happened there) and jogged the machine out the way so I could get the piece off the wasteboard. Now the spindle won’t turn on. I don’t know what else to troubleshoot.

I presume the vfd needs reset.

I just had the same problem :confused: now my spindle won’t turn on. What did you have to do?? Please help :sleepy:

How do you do this? My spindle won’t turn on after I hate the stop button from it plunging into work space

I’m not actually staff, so I’d call the support number if I were u. I doubt you want to void any warranties on that investment.

I ended up restarting my computer and that fixed it. I hate it when that’s the solution.

1 Like

Also make sure you turn the e-stop button and release it after using it or it breaks the circuit and will not respond/connect to your computer etc.

1 Like

The solution here realistically is to just wait some time and try again.

This usually happens when the settings are too aggressive, and plunges too deep, and ultimately gets stuck. A few minute wait will fix the issue (unless you see smoke/hear a noise from the spindle)

Easiest way to think of it, is like a thermal fuse.

1 Like

So My XCP dug into a project I was doing. After reseting it would not restart spindle. Easel did not see an issue. I let it sit for awhile(30 Min) long enough to get online and look for fix. Came to conclusion it is a thermal fuse internal. But it still would not start. So Unplugged main computer control and then it worked fine. Also don’t forget to unlock machine again. You can’t just jump back into carve. So hope this helps. Shame we don’t see more from Inventables about this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.