Steve's Projects

Awesome thank you, made some progress on it! Just need to figure out how you did the houses lol

@MichaelFink I used the pen tool and drew the shape of a house then used the off setter app to create and fatten it up to make a shape

1 Like

I like those door hangers, I keep wanting to make some, just too darn hot in the garage right now. Very well done.

Been hot here in Cincinnati as well thankfully mine is in the basement. I have enough material for 5 more door hangers out of MDF. After that they will be strictly PVC board. I paint it before I carve then when they come off the machine they are done. No sanding and trying to paint the edges. For the increase in material price it is a way nicer product, uses less paint AND its easier to paint I use Rustoleum 2X. Best part is no MDF dust to clean up and breath. Here are some new ones I have done for friends lately.

IMG_3433
IMG_3433|640x480

IMG_3369IMG_3432IMG_3393!
IMG_3510IMG_3447

6 Likes

Mind sharing a source for the PVC board? Those look great. The Tesla one came out fantastic

Wow. These are beautiful!!

i will second the request for PVC board sourcing info, please!

My Local Home Depot sells 4x8 1/2 inch sheets for about $70, they will even cut it into 2x2 sheets for free.

1 Like

i’m on the site now, not sure i’m looking at the right product. Might be area based, but I don’t think mine has it

Is it either of these?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-1-2-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-Cellular-White-PVC-Panel-HDSHSM124808/301950563

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-HP-1-2-in-x-48-in-x-8-ft-White-PVC-Trim-H120AWS6/205309788

Just checked all the stores in my area. They do not care it. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

This is what my store has

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-1-2-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-Cellular-White-PVC-Panel-HDSHSM124808/301950563

Last time i was at Menards they had it in 1/4" and 1/2" sheets.

1/4" x 2’ x 4’ $14 Home Depot
1/2" x 4’ x 8’ $60 Home Depot

They didn’t have it at my Lowes but Home Depot had it. I would check in the store because at first one of these two wasn’t listed on their web site (Home Depot). I don’t remember which one.

What department was it in. I ran the sku number and nothing came up

Couple more projects the Merchant Marine masking (Oramask) gave me fits and I still have some touchups to do. With the bit I used. (1/8" solid carbide compression) bit from Inventibles. Going to try the next one with the 2 flute straight one so if it cuts the masking better.

Built a bunch of big boxes for Bullet Proof Dog Training to use for place training and climbing for the dogs. All 2’ square in heights of 1’, 2’, 3’ 4’. I used the X-Carve to cut all the hand holes. They were a pain to assemble by myself. After they paint them the logo will be mounted to the front of the 4’ one.

IMG_3570

3 Likes

@AllenMassey your lucky my Home Depot won’t cut it. I only use it for Monograms over 24" under that I use the 1/4" sheets.

@PhillipLunsford the 1/4" sheet is back in the moulding area by the PVC moulding on the bottom shelf with smaller sheets of the 1/2".

The 1/2" full sheet is in the plywood area

Thanks. I called both stores in my area and also checked with other stores in the area. It is not sold here locally in Louisiana

You would think down there with the moisture they would carry it. Might be worth wandering the store, if your Home Depot is like mine it is a total disorganized mess, you may have gotten someone who just doesn’t know. Compared to Lowes were everything is neat organized and clean. If Lowes had it I would be using them for that simple reason.