STL convert By Rhino in SVG

I convert an STL file to SVG for easel using Rhino, but the file loads almost completely but then crashes, anyone can know why?
Thank you, I’m a beginner.

I wonder if it is possible that you are including gcode that GRBL doesn’t like. What post processor are you using?

See this section G-code Not supported by Grbl

G-Code - ShapeOko

This machine has a list of its supported gcodes

Grbl - CNC.xyz Wiki

I have older CAM software and usually use Maxnc or Fanuc post processors. Then I look for codes that I don’t need and remove them in a text editor like Notepad.

Can you share the SVG?

Thanks for answer.
When I load the SVG file I don’t have a cnc connected to the computer, because first I work the project in the office and then I load it in the workshop with the cnc.
So it should depend on EASEL not loading the file, surely due to my mistake or lack of a program

I think @MartinW.Mcclary misread your post. He is talking about gcode rather than an SVG.

If you can’t post it here, you can send it to me in a PM. I’ll take a look and let you know if I see anything.

Ok, thanks, you are very kind to try, I tried to upload the file but the message appears
“Sorry, but we couldn’t determine the size of the image. Maybe your image is corrupted?”

Sounds like that might be the problem.
How are you converting to an SVG in Rhino? I’m not familiar with Rhino, but I think @MartinW.Mcclary is.

anyway I got a free file from the site “https://store.designandmake.com/” to try to convert STL to SVG.
If you have a STL file (no more simply) I can convert by Rhino.
Thanks

SVGs are 2D vector graphics.
STLs are 3D meshes.

One can’t be directly converted to the other.

1 Like

I have Rhino 5, and it will open and save an STL file, but there is no option to save as an SVG format. You can convert to Gcode by using Meshcam, if you have it, as we discussed.

Ok, thanks