Studio Scale Imperial Star Destroyer

I am very pleased to be given the opportunity to publicly reveal our current project. We have been commissioned to produce a studio scale Imperial Star Destroyer to coincide with the upcoming release of Rogue One which is scheduled for release this coming December.

Our Patrons wish to, at least for the time being, remain anonymous however they have graciously given us permission to reveal publicly our project. We wanted to wait until we reached an important milestone that was far enough along to demonstrate the size and scope of this project.

This is a mixed media project using both our Ultimaker 2+ Extended and our X-Carve with J-Tech Photonics 3.8W laser.

We decided at the outset to tackle perhaps the most difficult section first the drive section and so far we are very pleased with the results we are getting from our process.

13 Likes

Could you please build that to scale I am having trouble making out the detail. But really all jokes aside that is pretty epic. Great job!!!

Nice, The guys at ILM wish they had this tech back when the first one came out … or the 4th one? Looks Phenomenal!

Something I wish I had the time and space to do.
Great job so far. Looks awesome.
What are your plans for lighting?