SVG tool path

I apologize if this has been asked before, but my search found slightly different issues from mine.

I purchased and SVG file from etsy. I have only used easel pro for the last two years and haven’t needed an expansion. However, this svg does not look good on path cut or pocket, regardless of bit. I typically use a 90 degree v bit. Seller said to use vcarve. So I downloaded it and finally got it to work. However, not sure if the trial version lets me export the file to easel. I did the steps for the post-processor but I don’t see it in the program.

Any suggestions? Maybe to make the svg an outline only for easel? Don’t feel like purchasing vcarve especially since I haven’t needed it until today for one file.

What easel is doing

USCustomsandBoarderPrtectionHonorGuard
this what I would like to carve.

A CNC only dose what you tell it, just like a computer.

Check all your setting, start with a 60 degree “V” bit at .05" for the depth

What program is that?

In easel pro, I have tried the 60 at .05 and it looks like the image i posted above. .02 works but not as detailed and not on path like i suspected, how yours looks like… Should I try a 30 degree? I suspected because the board is small, it wont be as clear.

easel

1 Like

Ok looks just like mine. Thank you for the help, can’t believe I over looked that. Small font loses detail but better off than where I was lol. Thank you!

1 Like

the smaller you make it, you lose the details as a group.
you can possibly increase the size of the text, ungrouped from the rest of the project.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.