Switch to Laser Module - Silverback 6060

How do I switch the $32 setting to 1? Went through the settings and couldn’t find it :frowning:

1 Like

When you get imto the machine inspector type in $32=1 and hit enter. That should change it. Before you do make sure you have a backup of all your setting incase somewhere down the road something goes wrong.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I will try this

2 Likes

so I changed $32 to 1. what now? do I need to change anything else that I can use the Laser Module? sorry I am new to this and really need a guideline. tried to find some videos but no luck sofar

1 Like

That’s usually all that needs changed.
You’d also need to ensure the smax in lightburn matches the $30 value.

you can call me stupid but can’t see where to check on the devise settings to cange S-value

What machine?
What software?

Silverback Benchtop 6060

the laser won’t even start

I changed $32 = 1
can’t find where to change the S-Max

What software are you using for your laser? Lightburn or lasergrbl are the most common

Well the photo I shared was for where to change in lightburn.
Youd go to edit>device settings to get to that screen

yes and I really appreciate your help. but whatever I open I can’t access the devise settings. only got to Machine Inspector

You can not run the laser in easel. Do you have a laser program to use for the laser?

1 Like

its frustrating for me as I am just trying to find my way through and don’t know too much of computer program etc. was in hope its would be an easy installation

Wayne, no I don’t and I didn’t know that. but this explains it. any recommendations what program would be good for beginners (easy to use)?

1 Like

Laser grbl is free and not to bad but most use Lightburn. I think they charge around 40.00 for a year but it is well worth it.

1 Like

thanks Wayne, I feel embarrassed that I even started this post :frowning:

2 Likes

No problem everyone has to start somewhere.

1 Like

Thanks again for your time

2 Likes