Tab editing for 3D carves

Is there a way to add or delete tabs for 3D carves. Specifically add tabs as I am wanting to do a carve but there is an area that is missing tabs and I don’t want the piece(s) to move and bounce off the bit causing a bad carve or snapping the bit . I know I can move the tabs around but need to be able to add, I have read the info on the 3D carve process and done one already but all the tabs where there on the other project. I do a combination of clamps and double sided tape to minimize movement but there is still room for error on tape placment .

The material I will be using is aprox. 2 in thick and that is why I have some concerns. see picture below on where tabs are missing and needed in the circled area.

1 Like

No, there isn’t a way to Add tabs.
There’s a trick to reduce the tab count by simply placing multiple tabs on top of each other…

I would move the tabs from a better supported area into that area AND use double sided tape below to aid in holding the piece firmly.
TBH, I usually just rely on the double tape and don’t use tabs at all.

Thats what I was thinking as well , been watching a lot of videos talking about the something , thanks for confirming .

1 Like

I would like to hear from Easel Technicians on when there will be upgrades to the tabs edit on 3D carving. The tabs edit works great on 2D cuts. It is odd the same functionality is not included in the 3D carves.