Table and build

So ordered my 1000mm unit for black Friday, and delivery was to be right before Christmas, but I would be in Florida for the holidays, so I asked they hold shipment until after I returned. It all came in yesterday and I started building this evening. I won’t bore you with the actual build of the unit, as we all follow the same instructions and can easily see what it looks like completed.

My dilemma was where was I going to put this beast. Thought about building a table and did plenty of research on them, flip carts, tables big enough to park a Smart Car on, etc. etc. First thing I had to do was find room for this behemoth in my already crowded garage, so kiddos and I started putting in work when it finally hits me.

I have been dying to do something about this big 'ol fish tank and stand that I can’t use because the military has me moving entirely too much to continue to set up and break down this big 90 gallon cube I have. So I wondered if it would be able to accommodate the X-Carve…not in weight-wise of course, because this thing was built like a tank for the reef I had originally envisioned in 2016.

So I took this (more of a furniture piece), applied some Danish oil to it, threw some 3" casters with brakes on it, and BOOOM!!! perfect fit for my new toy/Christmas present and I didn’t have to build a thing.

Long intro done, here is my table and how the waste board sits on it…will secure it with some screws as I finish up the build. Will also make a laptop attachment at some point to attach.

Initial Build of stand in 2016

!

How it looks as of right now after applying Danish Oil and Shellac last night

6 Likes

Use what you got. Looks good and should work fine.