Table Plans for X-Carve Pro

Hi,

Does anyone have any plans on building a table to support the net X-Carve Pro 4x4?

I am at the drawing board and trying to figure out what size. Rather than reinventing the wheel, I am wondering if anyone has any plans or suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help!

With gratitude,
Grant

I built one for the 2x4 using the Kreg workbench system.

4 Likes

Hey Bradley,

Thank you so much for sharing. I did not know about the kreg workbench and this looks like a perfect solution.

Your welcome. I also added workbench casters to move it around the shop a little to do longer projects.

What kreg bases did you buy?

I am trying to figure that out now… and thinking about replicating yours.

So I did for the 2x4 the 64” x 44” and a 24”x 44”. For the 4x4 I would do a 64”x64” and 24”x64”. The controller I mounted to the back of the bench using some ladder racks from Lowe’s.

Both of the benches are bolted together then I did a single sheet of 3/4 MDF for the top and shelves. If your doing that you have to leave the two top supports off of the area where they join together and keep the outside top supports loose.

I know @ShaneJamerson had posted up plans in one of the other threads that was really nice.

Although the Kreg base does look nice, it does look a bit pricey. I wouldn’t mind making the switch eventually as it does look pretty clean.

Here are my plans. Posts are 4x4s, structure is 2x4s, and the top is do-able with 2 sheets of plywood if you cut it into quarters.

3 Likes

I essentially used that same design that @ShaneJamerson just posted, however, raised mine up a bit (kind of a mistake IMO), extra supports (probably not needed), with some 12" overhangs on each side for shelf space for working.

Overall, it’s a good design.

1 Like

I like the plans Shane shared!

If you’re interested, this is the table Inventabes recommended initially. ULINE - Shipping Boxes, Shipping Supplies, Packaging Materials, Packing Supplies

I had planned to build a nice table out of 4040 extrusions that would have been about the same cost as two of the uline tables but…

What I ended up doing was converting a couple discarded heavy duty steel doors into a pair of tables and attached them to each other. It’s not pretty but it’s been working fine so far.

Here’s the timelaps video of my X-Carve Pro table build if you’ve got a few minutes to kill!

@Makerneer I like your workbenches! I have been following some of your stuff on Instagram as you get familiar with the XCP, but hadn’t seen something specifically about the workbench.

My workshop is in my basement, so I had to try to make sure whatever I made could be broken down easily if we ever decide to sell. Also, I have zero knowledge of welding :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Bradley,

What kind of wasteboard did you do on the top?

I just used 3/4 MDF for both top and the shelf.