Taller Y axis end plates for additional Z axis material thickness

I was thinking of something like this sketchup file.

CNC Base 2.skp (244.3 KB)

I have sketchup pro 2015. It says the file you uploaded was created with a newer version. Can you save it in a older version or export a jpg?

Charley

I can. But it will have to wait until I get home this evening.

That’s fine. No rush on my end. I have plenty to do for now anyway.

Thanks

Charley

Maybe you should start making linear Z axis too!

Charley,
Received and installed your new y plates. nice fit and finish. easy to install and get back to carving. Having the replacement screws available was a huge time saver. Totally worth the price! Thanks for a great product and customer service!

2 Likes

Your very welcome and glad you are happy with them.

Charley

Try this version.

CNC Base 2 - 2015.skp (244.7 KB)

That works

That would be me I believe

1 Like

Just installed my plates.
I had to cut off some screws that were too long to make them work.
I did not get any with my order. (its I do not need any as I already bought and cut the ones from the local shop)
Anyway does anyone else notice that the router travel cannot go down too far?
If I use one of my smaller shorter 1/8 bit just to get to the waste board it will cause the Z axis to lower too far and the bottom v-wheels will come off the rail.
anyone run into this? will I need to get a new mount and remount the router?

I shaved my router housing a tad and have it sitting fully down into the mount. That gains an extra little bit.

But, as Bob said, you’d need a piece on top to lower the distance on the thinner pieces.

I like the idea of moving the router down to gain about .5" then I will use another board on top

You can always just use a piece of MDF as a secondary waste board to elevate your material to compensate for the taller end plates when you are using short bits. That’s what I do anyway.

Are you the Charley that make and sell the Y axis end plates? what do you get for them? HOW TO ORDER ?

I am one and the same… You can order them at www.triquetra-cnc.com. I had two left this morning and one just sold so there is one available. I am in the process of machine upgrades so it will be a few days before I can begin making more parts so if you want one you better not wait tool long. They sell for $39.50 without longer screws or $42.50 with the longer screws. Shipping is included.

Thanks for your interest,

Charley

Charley any plans on making anymore?

I can make more. When I first started making them I could barely keep up and then all of a sudden I had one left that sat ere for 3 weeks until it sold.

If you want I will make another set for you. The weather is supposed to get bad for the next couple of days here in North Texas. We had a tornado come through and did some significant damage to my shop so until the repairs are completed I am restricted to working only when the weather is good since I don’t have anything but Tarps for a roof over my cnc.

Did you want the standard 1 inch lift?

Charley

1 Like

Man sorry to hear about your shop. But yeah I would be interested in a standard lift kit. No big rush just was reading another post and saw that you had made them for sale.

Ok, I will make another couple of sets as soon as I can. Probably be a couple of days before I can get back in the shop though. I’ll send you a msg when I get them ready.

Charley