Texas State Wall Hanging

Relatives in TX asked me to create two different Texas state maps (22"X24", 3/4" plywood, minwax colored stains applied, polyurethane- 2 coats) - one with stars and stripes inside and one with the Texas map inside. I think I prefer the TX map inside better

8 Likes

Nice work. Those Texans love their state.

Thanks. Yes, I agree -Texans love their state.

1 Like

Amen to that

1 Like

Well I didn’t expect this but Minwax has pinned the Texas State Wall Hanging to Pinterest as their Minwax February Fan of the Month. Pretty neat!

5 Likes

That is awesome!

That’s awesome…I didn’t know you already made one of these too! I guess we saw the same picture on Facebook or something. Here are two of my renditions of the state map with US Flag overlay:

2 Likes

My first one definitely did not come out as well as either of yours. Those are awesome! I had some issues with my first one and the small stars. Nicely done!

Thanks Jeremy! I want to try one with the Texas flag like yours!

The first one listed here is the multi-color TX project. The second one was the one with the stars and stripes. It took me a while to get through the second one trying to build the file. I offer it as I am sure there are others who can make it better. I am considering making the projects smaller as both were cut out of 24" X 24" plywood boards.

TX State Project state map only.crv (9.0 MB)
TX State Project.crv (4.6 MB)

1 Like

Hey i’m in search of a g code for the texas state outline only, any of ya’ll able to help me out?

Thanks!

-Cole

Hey, I guess I should’ve thought of that. Thanks!