Time-lapse Vid of carve for maker space in NC

Here is a cut I made at the beginning of this week. I am really enjoying the machine. I used inkscape to convert the image to an SVG then cut it with easel into half inch birch ply. The cut probably took longer than it should, at around 3.5 hours, but that is because I wanted fine detail and I used a 1/32 in. bit. This is for a donor plaque for the Forge in Greensboro, NC. If you are in the area come check us out. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m close by in Hillsborough NC. I would love to swing by and check out the space next time I’m in the hood.

Hope to have them up soon, almost done with it.

1 Like

I carved the letters out of 3/4 MDF and the swan out of half inch acrylic. I am creating a shadow style box frame around it that is housing color changing LED’s. also there are slots cut through the back of the letters which allow the light to shine behind the letters.

3 Likes

more vids! Finished frame around 1:30 am last night. Dropped the project off today, It’ll be installed this week hopefully

Yeah, I was wondering if that showed everywhere. I was at work when I uploaded the last set and I left it for a while. Then before I left I just hit reply, lol. Thanks for the heads up I’ll work on that.